The prefilled, disposable Victoza® pen can be dialed to the prescribed dose.1
The Victoza® Pen
Three steps to get started with the Victoza® Pen
Never Share a Victoza® Pen Between Patients, even if the needle is changed. Pen-sharing poses a risk for transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
Instruct your patients to view the full Instructions for Use before using the Victoza® pen.
Needles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states.
Injections may not always be a barrier, in patient surveys:
80% surveyed were open to self-injection3,a
90% considered the Victoza® Pen easy to learn how to use when demonstrating into a pillow4,b
MOST experienced little or no pain with the 32G Tip 6-mm needle5,c
aAn online market research survey of US residents with type 2 diabetes, aged 40 to 68 years (N=797, of whom 558 were noninsulin users). Two waves of reporting were aggregated into 1 reportable base size.
bA randomized, multicenter, open‐label, single‐visit test to evaluate the usability of 3 Victoza® pens following subject review of the Victoza® Instructions for Use.
cA randomized, open‐label, 2‐period crossover trial in insulin‐treated patients (N=119) with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Victoza [package insert]. Plainsboro, NJ: Novo Nordisk Inc; August 2017.
- Ley B. Diameter of a human hair. In: Elert G. The Physics Factbook™. http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/BrianLey.shtml. Published 1999. Updated 2011. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Data on file. 80% open to self-injection. Novo Nordisk Inc., Plainsboro, NJ.
- Data on file. Test ID Victoza® pen; 2009. Novo Nordisk Inc., Plainsboro, NJ.
- McKay M, Compion G, Lytzen L. A comparison of insulin needles on patients’ perceptions of pain, handling, and acceptability: a randomized, open-label, crossover study in subjects with diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2009;11(3):195-201.