0.6 mg to improve GI tolerability for 1 week1
While some patients experience nausea with Victoza®, for most it lessens over time1
How to write a prescription for Victoza® in the e-prescribing system
Change the course of treatment with Victoza® for your patients with T2D and established CVD
Get CV risk reduction and A1C benefits from this first-line treatment option
Buse (LEAD-6)1: A 26-week, open-label, active-comparator, parallel-group, multinational study to compare the safety and efficacy of Victoza® with exenatide in patients with type 2 diabetes not adequately controlled on metformin or sulfonylurea or both. Patients (N=464) were stratified by previous oral antidiabetic therapy and randomized to receive once-daily Victoza® (1.8 mg/day, n=233) or exenatide (10 µg, twice a day, n=231) both in combination with metformin and/or sulfonylurea. The primary outcome was change in A1C.1
- Victoza [package insert]. Plainsboro, NJ: Novo Nordisk Inc; August 2017.
- Buse JB, Rosenstock J, Sesti G, et al; for the LEAD-6 Study Group. Liraglutide once a day versus exenatide twice a day for type 2 diabetes: a 26-week randomised, parallel-group, multinational, open-label trial (LEAD-6). Lancet. 2009;374(9683):39-47.
- Pratley RE, Nauck M, Bailey T, et al; for the 1860-LIRA-DPP-4 Study Group. Liraglutide versus sitagliptin for patients with type 2 diabetes who did not have adequate glycaemic control with metformin: a 26-week, randomised, parallel-group, open-label trial. Lancet. 2010;375(9724):1447-1456.
- Bailey TS, Takács R, Tinahones FJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of switching from sitagliptin to liraglutide in subjects with type 2 diabetes (LIRA-SWITCH™): a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, active-controlled 26-week trial [published online ahead of print July 6, 2016]. Diabetes Obes Metab. doi:10.1111/dom.12736.
- Buse JB, Nauck M, Forst T, et al. Exenatide once weekly versus liraglutide once daily in patients with type 2 diabetes (DURATION-6): a randomised, open-label study. Lancet. 2013;381(9861):117-124.
- Dungan KM, Povedano ST, Forst T, et al. Once-weekly dulaglutide versus once-daily liraglutide in metformin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes (AWARD-6): a randomised, open-label, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2014;384(9951):1349-1357.
- Pratley R, Nauck M, Bailey T, et al; for the 1860-LIRA-DPP-4 Study Group. One year of liraglutide treatment offers sustained and more effective glycaemic control and weight reduction compared with sitagliptin, both in combination with metformin, in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised, parallel-group, open-label trial. Int J Clin Pract. 2011;65(4):397-407.
- Davies MJ, Bain SC, Atkin SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of liraglutide versus placebo as add-on to glucose-lowering therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes and moderate renal impairment (LIRA-RENAL): a randomized clinical trial. Diabetes Care. 2016;39(2):222-230.