Patients with type 2 diabetes often have questions when they pick up their Victoza® prescription. Here is some information about the product, tips on getting them started, as well as savings and support highlights.
Victoza® product information
Everything you need to order Victoza® Pens for your pharmacy. Needles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states.
How to store the Victoza® Pen1
Savings are available for eligible patients
Patient support with VictozaCare™
Change the course of treatment with Victoza® for your patients with T2D and established CVD
CV=cardiovascular; CVD=cardiovascular disease; CVOT=cardiovascular outcomes trial; MI=myocardial infarction.
- Victoza [package insert]. Plainsboro, NJ: Novo Nordisk Inc; August 2017.
- Marso SP, Daniels GH, Brown-Frandsen K, et al; the LEADER Steering Committee on behalf of the LEADER Trial Investigators. Liraglutide and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(4):311-322.
- Pratley RE, Nauck M, Bailey T, et al; for the 1860-LIRA-DPP-4 Study Group. Liraglutide versus sitagliptin for patients with type 2 diabetes who did not have adequate glycaemic control with metformin: a 26-week, randomised, parallel-group, open-label trial. Lancet. 2010;375(9724):1447-1456.
- Bailey TS, Takács R, Tinahones FJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of switching from sitagliptin to liraglutide in subjects with type 2 diabetes (LIRA-SWITCH™): a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, active-controlled 26-week trial. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2016;18(12):1191-1198.
- Buse JB, Nauck M, Forst T, et al. Exenatide once weekly versus liraglutide once daily in patients with type 2 diabetes (DURATION-6): a randomised, open-label study. Lancet. 2013;381(9861):117-124.
- Pratley R, Nauck M, Bailey T, et al; for the 1860-LIRA-DPP-4 Study Group. One year of liraglutide treatment offers sustained and more effective glycaemic control and weight reduction compared with sitagliptin, both in combination with metformin, in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised, parallel-group, open-label trial. Int J Clin Pract. 2011;65(4):397-407.
- Davies MJ, Bain SC, Atkin SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of liraglutide versus placebo as add-on to glucose-lowering therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes and moderate renal impairment (LIRA-RENAL): a randomized clinical trial. Diabetes Care. 2016;39(2):222-230.
- Pratley RE, Nauck MA, Barnett AH, et al. Once-weekly albiglutide versus once-daily liraglutide in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on oral drugs (HARMONY 7): a randomised, open-label, multicentre, non-inferiority phase 3 study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2014;2(4):289-297.
- Dungan KM, Povedano ST, Forst T, et al. Once-weekly dulaglutide versus once-daily liraglutide in metformin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes (AWARD-6): a randomised, open-label, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2014;384(9951):1349-1357.